WineXpert Green Apple Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiffany said:
What did you bottle?? Very curious now that you said how wonderful it is!

Hey Tiffany.. I bottled my IM Green Apple Riesling w/7.5 cups sugar.. Like you said, it is very, very good!! It goes down very easy, mine does not have what some have called a Jet Fuel taste.. I tell you what, after a couple glasses you can feel it though!! I can tell this one will be on deck again very soon.. Starting an IM Pomegrante Zinfandel tonight.. This one I am going to use 1/2 of the F-Pack and3 cups of sugar (making simple syrup)during primary, and add the rest of the F-Pack later..

Cheers!

BTW, how did your OB kit come out??

Ahh, yes the IM Green Apple YUMMY! It is one of my faves right now.
smiley1.gif
The OB's are all good, I have the Green AppleGwertraminer, the Blackberry Merlot and the Acai Rasberry Cabernet Sauv. All are very good. I have to say I like the Island Mist Green Apple better but I think it is just the preference of the Riesling over the Gwertraminer wine. I LOVE the Blackberry Merlot. I like the Acai Rasberry okay but given the preference I would make the Blackberry Merlot again over the Acai Rasberry. They are all reallygood though. Will keep you posted on my newest, it is the Orange Passion Fruit Grenache. Should be done around May 1 or so.

What is the deal with jet fuel smell/taste? We are new to this but have not had any issues. Think it is the degassing?

Hope you enjoy the IS Green Apple as much as we do!!

Thanks everyone for all the information. as i have observing the changes from half f-pak, and x amount of sugar etc.. Was wondering if anyone has in the past or is considering using some Brown sugar to lend a little carmel-like flavor to the mix. I seem to rememeber seing that written in a apple wine recipe somewhere.
Please let me know if you think this would work.
Plan do primary fermentation, Split into two different batches add brwn sugar to one halfbatch and get the process started again and add just regular sugar to the second batch and watch it go again.? will this work, add a carmel like flavor
smiley5.gif

Different sugars will add different flavors and even a different mouth feel to the wine. I don't know if that would add a caramel flavor to the Green Apple Riesling.
VPC

Though I am a novice and vcasey is much more on the expert side, I totally agree. I have actually never seen anyone add brown sugar.We have made quite a few kits and when I follow the advice on this forum orthe advice our localshop winemaker we have hadexcellentresults. I mean 100% success. Sure would be fun to experiment but with kits costing what they do and making so much product I would hate to see you turn out one you couldn't drink. Good luck with whatever you decide!

I have made spiced apple wine using light brown sugar and cinnamon sticks and a few other spices and it came out great. I did this in primary replacing regular sugar though.

wade said:
I have made spiced apple wine using light brown sugar and cinnamon sticks and a few other spices and it came out great. I did this in primary replacing regular sugar though.

Those are fun to make! I love trying something off the wall and having it exceed your expectations. But I don't think I would try with that kit, then again until you try .......
You know you could just buy a gallon of apple juice and experiment with that and you would have the kit as well.
VPC

I would scratch the experiment with that wine but go pick up some apple juice and play. You never know, you may find a family favorite.
VPC

Latest posts

Back