WineXpert Green Apple Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just poured it in and it worked perfect. Just tasted a Blackberry Merlot that we racked into the carboy for it's last 14 days. Did the same to it with the 7.5 C sugar and it is YUMMY! Probably accounted for the difference in SG but it turns out great so we aren't going to mess with it. Good luck! You will be drinking yummy Green Apple Riesling before you know it!
smiley4.gif

Maybe some concentrate in the f-pack but the case is just a white wine.

I got my GA reisling kit today, and decided no better time than the present! Pervcaseys advise I made simple syrup out of the 7.5 cups of sugar. I let it cool to room temp before I did anything else.. Added Bentonite into hot water per directions.. Added concentrate, and then brought water level up to about 5 gallons.. At that point I added simple syrup and stirred well for about 2 minutes.. I then topped off to 6 gallon mark, stirred again.. Initial SG is 1.076 with the added sugar.. Took temp and it was at 70 degrees.. Pitched yeast onto top of must, as per directions, and off we go!!

Darryl, I am drinking some now.....YUMMY! You are in for a treat. Works okay for us just putting the sugar in but we may put the syrup in next time. I guess the difference is that you don't know the exact starting SG. Have you seen the new flavors of Orchard Breezin? Acai Raspberry Cabernet Sauvignon,Orange Passion Fruit Grenache Rose,Mango Mint Chenin Blanc....yum! In time for summer.
smiley20.gif

They all sound pretty interesting. I love mint but I am questioning the Mango Mint. Not sure about mint flavored wine.

I make smoothies with mango & mint all the time. They go great together in almond milk. Mango wine is fantastic, never thought about adding mint. May need to experiment.
VPC

Tiffany said:
Darryl, I am drinking some now.....YUMMY! You are in for a treat. Works okay for us just putting the sugar in but we may put the syrup in next time. I guess the difference is that you don't know the exact starting SG. Have you seen the new flavors of Orchard Breezin? Acai Raspberry Cabernet Sauvignon,Orange Passion Fruit Grenache Rose,Mango Mint Chenin Blanc....yum! In time for summer.
smiley20.gif

Wow, those looks very interesting!! Will definately be trying some more!!

Just got back the Acai Rasberry!!! I am starting it later tonight. Too pretty out today to be inside today. 77 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Last week it was snowing. I am racking our second batch of Green Apple today. Only 5 bottles of it left!
smiley3.gif
I will keep you posted on the Acai Rasberry.

One of the guys here says he tried the tried the Mango Mint and at a demo before it came out and it was great! Go figure, never thought of that combo but I pretty much like anything.

At 8 days in my SG is 1.026..(BTW when I originally started I had SG at 1.076, but it was actually 1.082 the next day before fermatation started)How much longer then the 5-7 days recommended did others with added sugar go?? Fermentation is still very active.. Directions recommend racking at 1.010.. I know the added sugar is throwing it off, but any recommendations as to how far?? Thankyou!

Temp has been steady at 68F..

Hit 1.010 at the 10 day mark with added sugar... Racked to carboy and fermentation still pretty active. Only problem now is figuring out which kit to do next!!! The empty primary I have is looking real lonely...

We just left it in the primary until it reached .999 then racked to carboy to clear but as you know your way works fine as well. It did take a few days longer with the added sugar. I am not sure how long. I just kept checking it until it reached the .999. I currently have the Acai Rasberry kit going, the new super fruit kits from Orchard Breezin'. I can't wait to taste it!! I am drinking the blackberry merlot with the added sugar now and it is great!!! This hobby could take over the house! I started a strawberry from scratch and my husband has a couple mead going.

I am VERY interested in the Acai Raspberry Cabernet, but I do not like (repeat do not like) sweet wines, and I tried a Blackberry Arbor Mist and after a single taste poured it down the drain (and I never throw out anything that could have some conceivable use, evidence the mountain of aluminum pie tins - any suggestions welcome!!!!).... can you make a decent dry-ish wine not wine cooler from a mist kit or do they all just taste like alco-pop?

Pelican, all you have to do is add the f-pack up front in the primary then and you will finish dry with all the flavor. Tiffany, this hobby has taken up 1/2 of my basement with 1 wine making room and a whole other room for my wine cellar, check out the pics under my signature at the bottom of my post!:)

Latest posts

Back