Grapes on an arbor

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mississippi mud

Reaction score
I'vebeen workingaround the housebuilding arborshopefully for grapes. Any tips how to train them

20080418_081105_DSCN0598.JPG

20080418_080819_DSCN0592.JPG

20080418_080349_DSCN0593.JPG

smiley32.gif
Well, I don't have any idea's on the grape growing, but I like to see projects and what other people do with their backyards. Real nice Mudman!!!!

Looks good to me...What are the flowers in the first photos???

And...what kind of grape do you have there???

What kind of grapes did you plant Mud? The one you show looks like it is growing well. I would say for now, just train it upward for this year to build up it's root system. Beyond that, some would depend on the variety and kind of grape. Great looking arbor!

Thanks guys ,the grape is a venus one of the few that are suppose to grow down here. Apparently muscadine are the only ones that will stand the test of time in the coastal areas.The flowers are wisteria and confederate jasmine (backups if the grapes don't live). Do you have any buds yet NW?

Thanks Wade, can anyone name this worm? Its eating my citrus tree leavesand I don't want it to get to my grape vine.

20080427_150628_DSCN0637.JPG
don't want

That one sure won't eat any grapes!!I couldn't seem to find what gets rid of a buttugly worm.We do have cut worms pretty bad here I wounder ifthe same yard treatment would take care of them also?

I did spraya 3 in 1 fungicide,insecticide and miticideyesterday maybe it was taking effect on him and he wasn't looking like him self.
smiley5.gif

Latest posts

Back