Grape Suggestion For White Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craiger

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Last year I made a white wine for the first time from grapes. I used moscato grapes. It came out okay, and I had to backsweeten it in order for it to be okay. Without backsweetening it was horrendous. Even though it was "okay", ultimately, I was disappointed. I've made white wine from Welches concentrates that tasted better.

So, I want to make something different this year. I'm looking for a grape suggestion for a white wine that produces pretty consistent results and one that I can leave dry.

Thanks!
Craig

if you can get the juice, sauvignon blanc or Riesling. Did you crush and press before fermenting? white wine should not be fermented on skins.

In just a couple of posts, I've learned some things. One, I didn't realize that most whites are backsweetened. Two, yes I did ferment with the skins. Oops!

So, now I have some grape suggestions, and some points to ponder! Thanks!

Riesling is one wine you can do anything you want with. The same batch can be dry, semi dry or sweet. Some wineries will sell all three levels of sweetness to appeal to a larger group.

Latest posts

Back