grape cuttings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtstar

Reaction score
just got about one hundred grape cutting given to me this weekend dipped them in rooting compound and put them in prelite and peat moss. This will double the size of my vineyard by the time I retire I should be knee deep in grapes:db

Really nice gift you got there jstar! What kind of grapes were the cuttings from?

Now I know why your happy. I have Lacrescent too. It makes a really good wine with a nice apricot nose and flavor for me.

Good luck with them. I'm not sure what the Castell are. I have never heard of that one. The LaCrescent makes a very good wine. The Edelweiss needs to picked before real ripe to keep the aromas and flavors from being overpoweringly foxy. You then need to bump up the sugars.

Just an update the cuttings are leafing out they should have a good root system withing the next month then I will set out in the vineyard, as far as the rest of the vineyard goes I will have to say a pray tonight that they survive the frost warning that we are under suppose to get down to 34 degrees tonight and all my vines are budded and leafing out.

How did you fair last night? Did you get missed by the frost?

Midwest I will have some you can buy this year...Cedar Rapids

I do believe the frost missed me last night but it is suppose to get down there again tonight

This weather sucks around here. I wanted to get my boat in the water this weekend. Lake temp is just 51deg way too cold!!!

Back