Good second wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2PUPs

Reaction score
I,m looking to step it up a notch . I just did a vino del vida wht zin wine kit . Want to get a kit a step or two up from that one . Any suggestions welcomed . It doesnt have to be a vino del vida kit .

Jeff

IMO most anything is step up from this. RJS Cru are nice kits. Heron Bay are good too.

Sticking with Spagnols, the Grand Cru would be the logical step up but for another $10 over that, you can get the GC International which I believe is much better value.

I would have to ask what kind of wine do you want to make and then I could give you a better answer.

Jeff, now that the Chilean juices are coming out soon you may want to consider ordering a bucket of that if it is available in your area. They usually run less then $50.00 for 6 gallons.

I would have to ask what kind of wine do you want to make and then I could give you a better answer.

Actually I am looking for 2 wine kits, a good red wine and a port wine for after meal.

Yep, if you are looking for a non flavored Port then the Mosti Mondiale La Bodega is "The Best" As far as a Red wine goes you still need to narrow that down to what you like as in Merlots, Malbecs, and the such or the spread of kits here will be very vast.

Im not big on W.E. kits but must say the Stags Leap is an awesome wine!

CC Showcase Yakima Valley Merlot. Just opened my last of two splits and I have deemed it ready to go. Its about 16 mo old now. I added 2 OZ extra French oak chips. Perfect!

No one can top WA state Merlot!

Guess that woulda helped , looking for a merlot .

I have a RJS Cellar Classic, Winery Series, Washington Merlot kit that I am really excited about.

Latest posts

Back