Glass water bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripplett

Reaction score
Hey guys I bought a glass water bottle on craigslist and I've never seen this type of bottle before. Has anybody ever used one of these for winemaking? I paid $10 for this 5 gallon glass carboy. The name on the front is Mountain Valley Spring. I just started and have two better bottles but it would be nice to use this for degassing and as a utility bottle. I don't see any defects or stress cracks/marks anywhere on it.

image-2224129952.jpg

Ha. Yea just the one. It really was being used as a water bottle. They broke the crock that the water bottle goes in so decided to sell the bottle. It will be put to good use for sure.

That has a label on it. You can't use it and should send it to me for proper recycling. ;)

i have an old absopure one that i bought used at my lhbs a number of years ago, that another customer had brought in and sold to them...must have been at the right place at the right time, as it hadn't even hit the sales floor yet...i went in looking to buy another 5 gal., and they guys asked how i felt about buying used, which, being glass, i had absolutely no issue with...so i went into the backroom, (which i was already familiar with here), and they showed me what had just come in...heck, i think back then i paid 10 bucks for it.....nowadays, from what i hear, 20 bucks for a used one is a steal...lol...

Latest posts

Back