gewurztrariesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannabarn

Reaction score
smiley2.gif
I made a vintners reserve riesling. It cleared very nicely. We now tried a glass! Wow! Almost like simple syrup I checked the sg 1.060 as the kit said. Way too sweet, So I mixed it 50/50 with gewurztraminter! Pretty good!! It has a little taste of the gevurz but sweeter than the orginal. sg now about 1.020. What do you think???
smiley29.gif

I think that you forgot to state it is a Ice Wine kit! I started reading this post and was like whoaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I thought that it must be a Ice wine kit. Its not we think its what tastes good to you. I made an ice wine kit and am letting it age awhile, it has about 8 months on it and I will taste it soon to see where its at as like you it was way to sweet after 1 month so I may do the same and add it to my Gewurtz as mine was very dry and i like it sweeter but bottled it dry.

Yep!! Ice wine style. My wife likes sweet wine but this was over the top for her. I just mixed 2 bottles 50/50. I think I will mix the rest and let it age!

Latest posts

Back