Getting ready Batch #4 - Cranberry Lime.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one I believe will be a Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee that was made last year. Boght 50 lbs of sugar and 4-48 oz bottles of Lemmon(sp) (by the way, I know lemon only has one "M", any one know the significance of 2-M's) today. Will start this this week once I dig up the recipe from my previous posts.................

Looking forward to this. May be the Keg candidate.....

Checked sg this am. We were down to 1.034 on sg so I added 30 oz of lime juice in place of the 3rd bottle of lemon. I'm figuring on transferring to secondary next weekend.

Just stabilized the Cranberry Lime Pee. Will be picking up 4-5 cans of frozen cranberry concentrate this weekend for back sweetening purposes. Smells good already. I was hoping this would be ready for Memorial Day, but doesn't look that way. It will instead be ready for eithe rmy Bday or Father's Day.

I flavored half of my first batch with cranberry and lime. It was good but very tart. So I flavored the second half with strawberry daiquiri and simple syrup of course. We didn't bottle. Instead I put it in a 3-gallon cooler and took it to a party. Over ice, it was a hit!

Not really, I flavored to taste. I split the skeeter pee batch in half and then used frozen juice concentrate. For cranberry lime I might have used about 2.5 cans of cranberry and 2/3rds can of lime aid. Both were warmed and added as liquid concentrate. I also made and added 2 cups of simple syrup to mitigate the tartness of both cranberry and lime. Amounts here are just from memory. I did a lot of sampling and tasting till it was just right. The strawberry daiquiri was just that - 2+ cans of Bacardi frozen mixer concentrate. This one left the pee looking funny since the mixer had juice bits in it. But I wasn't bottling the strawberry daiquiri, rather I was putting it in a larger cooler and taking it to a party. It was a huge hit.

Doug, your wife convinced my wife to have me make the Cran Lime Skeeter Pee. I have to ask for the recipe in order to quiet my wife's incessant yapping...

Just stabilized the Cranberry Lime Pee. Will be picking up 4-5 cans of frozen cranberry concentrate this weekend for back sweetening purposes. Smells good already. I was hoping this would be ready for Memorial Day, but doesn't look that way. It will instead be ready for eithe rmy Bday or Father's Day.

I've got a batch of lemon lime pee that just finished clearing. I was planning to use 2 gallons of it to make cranberry lime using 3 cans of cranberry juice concentrate. Is 3 cans enough for 2 gallons?

Latest posts

Back