WineXpert German Traminer Spatlese

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpowell88

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just got and started the WE German Traminer Spatlese kit today and was wanting to see what you guys thought about it? I couldn't find too much in the forums... anyone completed this one or have any insight?

Thanks!

I've got this in bottles now, since July 28. Tried one 3 weeks ago. Tastes better than commercial spatlese. Easy kit to make. It took a while to degas, to my liking. I spent 2 days. REALLY good so far.

Being a white wine, I didn't think it needed much aging. You might try 2-3 months.

BP,
Started ours on April 29th, bottled on June 21st. Have had 3 -- 750 ml bottles to date. Extremely satisfied. Our last Spatlese was close to 30 years ago, a case of Pieroth, if I recall. Every bit as good as that one. And, the 3rd bottle was definitely better than the first.

If this is the Traminer Spatlese that was offered in the 2011 Limited Edition then you are going to have a very nice wine. I made mine back in March of 2012 and bulk aged it until July. I have had a few bottle's so far and it has that Traminer zing and spice to it and I can taste a hint of apple and apricot. This is an excellent drinking wine and also goes great with fresh garlic shrimp on the grill.

Glad to hear it CB. Its bulk aging right now, I think ill bottle it in Feb or March and try to drink it slow..

Latest posts

Back