Georgia Montebank Peach wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gesnipes

Reaction score
I made this recipe last year, and had someone do a taste comparison to a popular local winery's peach wine. People thought my homemade wine was the higher quality wine. This recipe is easy, and has a rich peachy flavor.

Buy 5 cans of Welches frozen peach / grape concentrate
5 cans of frozen peach daquari concentrate
5lbs of sugar

Add all the peach/grape concentrate and 4 daquari concentrate. You'll save one for the end of fermentation.
Dissolve 5lbs of sugar and add it to the must. Stabalize it with Campden or simular product. Wait 12 - 24 hours and pitch yeast.

When SG reaches 1.000 or lower, add the last can of Daquari concentrate. Stir gently to avoid introducing air and possible oxidation, and then move to a secondary.

Peach wine is better as a sweet wine. In fact, it makes a great dessert wine. After a month or so, stabilize and back sweeten to taste. Clarify, and you'll have a peach wine that can rival any other brand. Doesn't get much easier than this.

I made this recipe last year, and had someone do a taste comparison to a popular local winery's peach wine. People thought my homemade wine was the higher quality wine. This recipe is easy, and has a rich peachy flavor.

Buy 5 cans of Welches frozen peach / grape concentrate
5 cans of frozen peach daquari concentrate
5lbs of sugar

Add all the peach/grape concentrate and 4 daquari concentrate. You'll save one for the end of fermentation.
Dissolve 5lbs of sugar and add it to the must. Stabalize it with Campden or simular product. Wait 12 - 24 hours and pitch yeast.

When SG reaches 1.000 or lower, add the last can of Daquari concentrate. Stir gently to avoid introducing air and possible oxidation, and then move to a secondary.

Peach wine is better as a sweet wine. In fact, it makes a great dessert wine. After a month or so, stabilize and back sweeten to taste. Clarify, and you'll have a peach wine that can rival any other brand. Doesn't get much easier than this.

Whats the starting gravity?
If using frozen concentrate I would use 3-4 cans PER gallon. I think you may be light in body and flavor.
The last batch I made fron frozen concentrate (6-gallons) I used 22 12oz cans and 2-12oz cans for a f-pac. Came out great!
BTW I got them @ Aldi's (apple-kiwi-strawberry)

Last edited:
are any of you filtering your peach wine? i am about to release my first commercial peach wine...and the test subjects are all saying leave unfiltered

I had to filter mine as it just wouldnt clear for some reason and instead of adding a fining agentagain I decided to try and filter it and it worked great which is usually not the way it works. Usually you dont filter a cloudy wine.

I have been making peach wine in N. Ga. for 3 yrs from whole peaches. would love to compare it to a com. winery peach wine. Where in Ga. is a winery that has peach wine?

Chateau Elan makes a very good Peach Wine.

Tks Gesnipes

I will put that Winery on my to visit list before the end of the year. I'm anxious to compare my Peach wine to commercial wineries. I may be prejudice but I'm told my Peach Wine is great! Just want to make sure my friends are not Happy Free Winos! Roy

Latest posts

Back