George's Videos

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominick

Reaction score
nice work george!
smiley20.gif

i see i made slight mistake by using the sodium sulfite instead of the potassium sulfite to use as a sanitizer
smiley17.gif

Actually NA(sodium) meta is the better sanitizer as it is a little stronger and cheaper so you made the wise choice NA-meta is used for sanitizing and k-meta is used for adding to your wine. Either can actually be used but we think we get enough sodium intake in our bodies from food and drinks.

Okay, I just watched all the videos in succession and must say it is very complete, even including a wine volcano which most or all of us either have experienced or probably will in the future.
smiley36.gif
It is a great tutorial which should have more links cause it took me awhile to find it on the site cause I admit that it didnt catch my eye on the front page, so to any of you who are new and didnt see it these videos I emplore you to watch these as it will answer most of your questions but leave us forum moderatoers with nothing to do also so maybe you shouldn't!
smiley36.gif
Great job George! I would like to see you show off some of the other toys though like auto bottle filler, horizontal encapsulator (shrink wrap applicator), Buon Vino Mini Jet, and floor corker as this might also help us determine if we want to buy this toy and help you sell these products if others actually see them in use and then decide they want 1.
Edited by: wade

I like the little degassing vaccum he used after he degassed with the drill.
Seems like that little tool helps lot as well.

I'd also like to see him filter using the buon vino mini jet. - cause i tihnk i see filtering in my future
smiley9.gif

Thnx wade! ill be sure to send u some nero d'avola soon as its done.

ohh those dreaded 2 words:

1: wine volcano
2. bottles bursting

hopefully i wont run into those..... hehehehehe
smiley17.gif
Edited by: Dominick

I almost ran into the bottles bursting for the 1st time last week as I forgot to add stabilizer to a batch of Plum wine and corks started a popping in my wine cellar. On a good note the wine tasted really good as a Sparkling wine. The Volcano Im sorry will most likely happen so I advice doing degassing and racking onto sulfites with a bucket insde a bucket or in a sink or with towels handy.

Wade,

That is the idea. This is the first video. I plan to do a complete video for Winexpert, Spagnols and Cellar Craft. Then, I want to add "how to" videos with ALL of the toys. You would not believe how much work went into that short video. Between writing the script, preparing the wines and equipment for the shoot (which took 6 hours), watching and editing, loading on the web site (and the first segment is now on YouTube), I'll bet I have 40-60 hours of just my time. Add in Joseph, Rick and William (the video guy), I would be surprised if there is less than 100 man hours to create that 90 minute video.

The good news is that the lion's share of the leg work is done, so the next video should take much less time.

Glad you all enjoyed it. Where should I put more links?

I once produced a 7 minute video for a product a company I used to work for sold. It took 2 actors, a cameraman, a director,and a grip (and myself) nine hours to get those 7 minutes.

I was an extra in the movie "The Firm" with Tom Cruise and Ed Harris (both are quite short and Ed Harris is a heck of a nice guy). If you have seen the movie, there is a couple scene in the FBI office after Mitch's (Tom Cruise's) brother eludes the FBI. Total on-screen time is a couple of minutes. It took 13 hours to shoot those scenes!Edited by: PeterZ

Probably should make a spot for the videos under Resources and maybe a spot right at the top of the forum page where we all make posts like where you put the first episode but make it permanent.

Latest posts

Back