Fruit wine sales laws

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frankly, i cant make enough even for me..seems as if i have more friends now then ever, specially at bottling time..which is always a festive deal for me...

I am getting ready to start this process for selling my muscadine wine. 50-100cs /yr goal selling mostly at local farmer's markets.

Todd, what state are you in? Do you know if your alcohol state license will allow that? Also, if the markets are held in cities or towns, you would likely need to have an alcohol license for those municipalities.

I am in Louisiana. My friend, who has a winery, will be guiding me through this process and has told me it is allowed to sell at Farmers markets and direct to customers here in Louisiana.

I own two homes in la..one in Shreveport and one in Bogalousa.
I send a letter to the alcohol board of la asking for info on the sale of home made wine...
If your not a licensed retailer..it aint going to happen..Legally
You better contact the state for better info....

Clarification - I am in the process of getting my permits for my home winery. I do not sell what I produce right now. Hoping to do 50cs next year.

there you go.. good luck and I hope it works out...You know that if you have that kind of license, some one in texas can make wine for you with your fruit, legally.
keep me posted.....

Todd, good luck! And please keep us updated on your progress and what you find out. We are interested in learning how the process works for you.

Back