Fruit tree source, mom and pops

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobp

Reaction score
I found 6-8' tall fruit trees for 5 bucks at a local nursery.. She said they didn't want to mess with them in pots through the winter... i bought 3 kinds of apples 4 kinds of peaches and 4 kinds of plums..thats all the variety's they had except for appricots.... and i have heard they are hard to grow here???

did some checking and found deals at the other local nursery's... and not those root hacked department store kinds that no one cared to research if they belonged in the climate they are being sold into...

you may check your local mom and pop nursery's for deals too??:b

Hope they work out for you well and start supplying some wine for you in years!

Clearance prices are my favorite. At one time years ago I had 20 or so various fruit trees planted in my back yard. Then as I got older and wiser I realized that mowing around them was a PITA and removed all but 3 apple trees.
:b

I am planting my "orchard" 3' off of a long pasture fence, on the non-pasture side,...in front of every other T post, where we already have to weed eat ect.... and adding a T post 3' to the out side, so i can support the trees between them if necesary... i hope to end up with 35-50 producing trees of several varieties, and 6 100' trellis's of 6 kinds of grapes.... With luck they will provide fruit for years to come... and i can supply my freinds and family as well as the local wildlife with fruit .......and their by products we love to partake of....

Latest posts

Back