freezer laid down

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got up this morning to my wine making freezer dead. Lost 40lbs pears, 20 lbs apples, some veggies my wife had snuck in. Had to start 18 gallons just to save my Welches from going bad.

Luckily, home winery.com stuff does not require refrigeration unless stored long periods so thawing and re freezing should be fine.

There went my money for the pressure washer I wax getting for fathers day.

you are definitely a positive thinker! But so sorry you lost all that fruit. I try not to think about loosing one of my freezers...we eat primarily wild game, I have a big garden and then there is the fruits I have collected!! Yikes what a mess that would be. We did loose a 45 year old Montgomery Ward freezer several years back, but we noticed it right away and moved everything into the other 2 freezers. I don't think the others will last that long!

I'm putting temp sensors on all mine, I'm tired of loosing stuff. I had one freeer lay down years ago lost all kinds of meats and veggies. Bad part was it was down about a week before we found out. Screwed the lid shut and dropped it in a dumpster.

I'm putting temp sensors on all mine, I'm tired of loosing stuff. I had one freeer lay down years ago lost all kinds of meats and veggies. Bad part was it was down about a week before we found out. Screwed the lid shut and dropped it in a dumpster.

Gearld -
Someone posted this thread - I do believe you can hook up an alarm system on
this if the temperature falls below a desired degree.
It is in Celsius and only has 10 amp output - but what you need I think it would work GREAT !!

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50211

Too complicated, I have 12vdc temp sensors with relays built in, all you have to do is tie it to your alarm system or attach a piezo. And they are in Fahrenheit. Just got to go get them out of my alarm stuff.

New freezers come with built in alarms:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Wine Making

Gearld -
I should have already known that you had a plan -

Knowing this is right up your alley

Back