Free labor!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebbutler

Reaction score
I am new to growing grapes. In one of my books I’ve read it says some vineyards have volunteers come in and pick the grapes. WOW! Just imagine if volunteers came in and put in my trellis and planted my grapes! Just kidding.

Seriously. If you are located in Southern Iowa, Northern Missouri, or maybe Western Illinois and wouldn’t mind me hanging around and learning how to take care of grapes and picking, I would like to come learn and hopefully help you with some free labor.

I am a hard worker, have some jobs going on of my own and I expect to back to a paying job next week, at least part time but I usually have a fairly flexible schedule.

Just check in with some of the local winerys and leave your number. Pruning time is pretty much over right now, day to day stuff now. Next big time for winerys will be harvest time when lots of help is needed. Each individual winery will have different things going on thru fall where they may need extra help. Summer is the main tourist season, where they make their money.

Yep check their website, lots have a form you can fill out to volunteer when it comes time to pick.

Latest posts

Back