Frank & Rita's Apple wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTINKIE

Reaction score
Rita and I picked three 5 gallon pails of apples yesterday.

20070824_120345_apple_wine_2007.jpg

We juiced the apples in my juicer, the juice smelled so GOOD!! I added 10lbs of sugar giving a PA of 11.5%

20070824_122357_apple_wine_2007.jpg

I see you have a mixture of apples there. That's good. It adds character and complexity to the juice. Any idea what the varieties are?

I believe you will have you awinner stinkie
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Waldo

I thought that was about what you had there. The Lodi are very distinct. They were probably getting juicy on their own Stinkie since they get ripe early. The Delicious and Northern Spy don't ripen here until late October. If you use the same mixture in a monthand a half(except the Lodi) you will get much higher sugar content and less malic acid and be easier to balance. Should be a good mix.

Sounds yummy. How many gallons of must did you juice from three 5 gallon pails of apples? Edited by: dfwwino

What were the apples that were kind of a white color??? would those have been the Lodi???

We planted Northern Spy last year, hope they aren't too late of an apple for these parts.....late oct is pretty late ripening for us.

here is a little gadget that sure makes life easier....a simpleapple slicer....
slicerSmall.jpg

One push and the job is done...

appleSmall-2.jpg

That looks familiar, oh yea, theres one hanging out in the kitchen!!!...lol
I'll use it next time!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Latest posts

Back