Cellar Craft Forgot to get initial SG - CC Showcase Yakima Valley Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripplett

Reaction score
They say you should never be rushed when you are trying not to make a mistake and it appears "they" are correct. I wanted to get my CC Riesling into the primary on Saturday. Time slipped away from me and I had just enough to get this thing going before an obligation. I should have just pushed starting it to Sunday but I followed the instructions and got it going anyway.

Saturday I checked on it and it was bubbling away happily! I'm super excited about this one - smells yummy. Laying in bed Monday morning I suddenly realized I never took the initial SG reading!!! When I checked this morning it was at 1.070 after approx 36 hrs.

Now the only harm I suppose this will cause is I'll never really know the correct ABV. Has anyone made this kit before that can tell me 'about' what their initial SG reading was or what the final ABV came out to be? I'd hate to not even try to estimate it.

Last edited:
You may not know the starting SG but you can still track the SG, check it now:ft

I edited the initial post. I checked it this morning and after 36 hrs it is 1.070.

Latest posts

Back