For those who run brew store

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chitownwine

Reaction score
Havent been able to find much info but have been tossing the idea around of opening a small niche brew store which would carry few higher end wine kits. Does anyone know what the regulations are for these to sell wine kits, would be online only with a warehouse for local pick up only no physical store front shop. Thanks for any and all input. Of course advertising on here would be a must.

My LHBS only carries Mosti Mondale,
simply because they have informed him that he must carry thier entire line or get none of it!

Shame because I would love to try another brand!

My LHBS only carries Mosti Mondale,
simply because they have informed him that he must carry thier entire line or get none of it!

Shame because I would love to try another brand!

Elmer, I am sending you a private message on some other LHBS in your area that I go to and there is always the online option.

Thanks for info.
I tend not to buy online because while I can get kits online, I have to pay shipping.

If I walk into my LHBS and pick up a premium kit for over $100, I have it that day and for the price. no shipping!

got to save $12 some how! That is almost a dozen bottles!

We have $10 flat rate shipping on each wine kit. Depending on how far away and what kind of MPG you get on your car, there's not that much difference. Shipping to NY is about 3 days.

Thanks for info.
I tend not to buy online because while I can get kits online, I have to pay shipping.

If I walk into my LHBS and pick up a premium kit for over $100, I have it that day and for the price. no shipping!

got to save $12 some how! That is almost a dozen bottles!

Elmer,

It may pay to shop around on line. I have two LHBS's in the area, and neither one of them come close to matching kit prices I can find on line, even after you add shipping to the total cost. I agree on the "instant gratification" of taking it home the day you pay for it though.

Jim

Thanks for input. That's bummer about your cellar craft experience, that's main products I was thinking of carrying since there is no stores within the greater Chicago area that carry them. Maybe if I have a local area, like a warehouse for people to pick up kits at then in addition to website maybe they will willing to work with that. Thanks again for help.

We have $10 flat rate shipping on each wine kit. Depending on how far away and what kind of MPG you get on your car, there's not that much difference. Shipping to NY is about 3 days.

Just a shot in the dark, but that rate would not apply to Canada as well would it? (I know, wishful thinking:)

Latest posts

Back