Other First Wine Bottled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDWines

Junior
Reaction score
All,

Super Bowl Sunday and we bottled our first batch; 31 bottles and a smidge. Wine came out very clear. A little bit light in body and color for a red zin but it is our first production. Thanks for all your help.....now on to our next batch!

MDWines

20100207_133230_First_wine.jpg

Congratulations!
smiley32.gif
It is clear. What Zin kit did you make? How does it taste?

I made the Vinifera Red Zin kit. As might expected it taste a little tart, light bodied, andI get a hint of cherries. No strong sulfite taste but very young. Instructions say to let sit for a minimum of 6 months.

MDWines said:
I made the Vinifera Red Zin kit. As might expected it taste a little tart, light bodied, andI get a hint of cherries. No strong sulfite taste but very young. Instructions say to let sit for a minimum of 6 months.
Sure looks like a Zin Blush or White Zin.

Are you sure it was a Red Zin kit? Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble lists a Zinfandel Rouge and a ZinfandelWhite on their website.

Steve

Well I double checked and the stickers say zinfandel. According to their website it says A bright Ruby Red with purple highlight, a delicate nose with ripe raspberry tones. A perfect balance is struck in the mouth, well structured.<O:p>

I bought this from the fine wine store.</O:p>

Looks nice! Did it come with a grape pack or was it just a concentrate?

Just a concentrate. I figured if I totally screwed up the batch I was only out $70 bucks. My next batch will be all juice and looking for a bolder red. I'veread a lot about the quality of the Meglioli kits. My wife and I drink a lot of cabs andred zins. This is a little light but may be chilled in the summer on a hot day might taste pretty good. This batch is supposed to sit for 6 months so I'm curious how it will taste towards the fall.

ButI think we are on our way!
smiley17.gif

Back