First time winemaker!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I ok waiting, my last hydrometer reading of 1.050 was sunday(day 3 of fermentation) and I broke my hydrometer, ordered a couple more that won't arrive until Thursday(day 7 of primary). With not being able to take a reading, will my peach chardonnay kit be ok in primary? Last night the primary was fizzing good!! Some reason, I love that smell coming from my bucket!!

I would not let it stay in the bucket for more than 10 days, a white wine base will oxidize to an ugly brown color.

P.S. None of us has EVER dropped our hydrometer :re

Lol or broken full carboys either :->
The smell of fermentation is a love it or hate it affair. I love it, but she hates it. Oh well, she appreciates the finished product.

Welcome to the (addicting) hobby!

Awww, if I had known nobody had ever dropped their hydrometer, I would have kept that to myself. I guess I need to read thru the threads before posting next time. LOL But I will handle my full carboy like a newborn baby!! Thanks

Good afternoon, I racked from primary to secondary on Monday, should I do any more stirring while in the carboy?

Generally, don't stir whites as the oxygen is not good for them, especially in the secondary (carboy). Enjoy.

Now you have it in secondary bubbling away. Not much to do til it finishes. It doesn't do any good to stand there and yell "hurry up, darn it." LOL, bye the way, it won't be long and you will be racking off the lees. Just remember the patience, patience pateince. That is from Tom. Good luck with it, Arne.

Latest posts

Back