RJ Spagnols First RJ Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Reaction score
Just started my frst RJ Spagnols Kit, CRU Select - Valpolicella Ripassa
I have only made WE kits but this shop is 2 hrs closer. Looks pretty good to start. Love the grape skins. Thanks to Wade for helping make the decission to change.

Pictures have been taken and will follow shortly

Grant

That kit is awesome already and its still bulk aging. Cant wait to try it after a year. Also cant wait to step above that to the Mosti Masters and Meglioli but theyre still a little out of my price range. May I ask how much you paid being that your so close to where they make it? I got my Val. Rip. kit for $75.

Here the price is $99 Canadian. Your price is much better. Don't know why, but $99 is still not bad for 30 bottles of good wine.

Grant

Also bought a Cru Select - Amarone, I will start this one next.

Have nt tried that 1. Let me know how it turns out.
Edited by: wade

I just started the Cru Select Amarone yesterday though it's been sitting on the shelf for a couple of months. I was waiting for the Heron Bay grape packs to arrive and they did while I was on vacation last week. I added two packages and I'm really interested to see how they perform. Prior to adding the dried grape packs, the SG was 1.10 so this should make a wine that will take some aging.

I left out the oak bags and after the primary, degass, and stabilization I plan to age it in my Vadai barrel which is currently full of CC 12L Barbera w/grapepak.
Edited by: Rule G

Latest posts

Back