First Racking of SP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panama

Junior
Reaction score
Racking 10 gallons of SP tonight, should be a hoot!!! Done sanitizing waiting a small bit for stuff to dry. Not sure If I waited to long or not....Checked the SG and eekkk, Can there be a too long?:D

-Panama

SG on 1st batch 1.099
SG on 2nd batch 1.010

Last edited:
Post photos if you got 'em. I think my first skeeter pee is at 1.009
I used strawberry/peach slurry. Friends have said it has a slight fruit loop taste after it rolls off your tongue.

My second batch is underway and not made with a slurry. Straight yeast starter and instead of a third bottle of lemon juice I'm going to add a can of frozen cranberry juice and sorbate so it doesn't ferment out.

Hopefully it will be thru fermeting next week.

1st batch was followed by the recipe, added a mead slurry, and nothing happened, couple days after, sprinkled Lev 1118 on top and whipped daylights outta it, took right off.....

2nd batch, dozed off the beaten path with some Blackberry VH along with the recipe....spinkled Red Star Cuvee on top, whipped the hair off her back next day 2" of foam......

Have tons of photos, will throw a couple up tonight, have no light in Kitchen so using flashlight and others for, so bare with....

-Panama:se

Here are some from my first ever wine racking escapade..

1000000925.jpg
Worthless Helper!!!!

1000000898.jpg

1000000900.jpg

1000000932.jpg

1000000852.jpg
Prior to racking

1000000840.jpg
Just a fail, had a bunch o cops in town and notuiced this car today....

1000000851.jpg
Prior to rackin

1000000862.jpg

Just a few, ughh......

-Panama :rdo

:D:r:D

Most likely have %u&Ked something up but...refrain that...Well I am sure I did..:br

- Panama

i think it looks great panama, looks right on track to me. u got ur sparkalloid ready when that time comes? i had to order that because i hadn't used any finings until i made skeeter pee. and btw, love the helper:pic

Dog in First Picture.

A little off topic here, but what breed is your dog in the first picture?

We have one that looks similar, but we don't know the breed. Got it from a shelter.

Thanks.

A little off topic here, but what breed is your dog in the first picture?

We have one that looks similar, but we don't know the breed. Got it from a shelter.

Thanks.

Lab & Poodle = Labradoodle = A glorified mutt

-Panama

Latest posts

Back