first kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember the STUPID question is the one you DID NOT ask !
smiley36.gif
smiley20.gif

Please ask to keep us busy
smiley36.gif

wade said:
We eat, sleep, breathe, and umm, well never mind that part, wine!
smiley4.gif

Wade;
Some of usalso find time to get together and discuss wine with our wine clubs monthly meeting. Topic was degassing here is "joeswine" watching a member getting the last drop. We only went thru a "few" bottles shown here also
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

20090111_185201_IMG_1642.JPG

20090111_185754_IMG_1654.JPG

Not to steal this thread but who is that in the second picture, anyone we know here?

wade said:
Not to steal this thread but who is that in the second picture, anyone we know here?

YES the guy in the yellow shirt is our very own "joeswine"
The 1st picture is just a few" bottles we tasted today.

Both he and I belong to the same wine club. Thats how I heard of this forum.

Wade;
It's funny when I told him I also belong to this forum he said
"WHO DO YOU TALK TO ...WADE ?"

Nice to put a face on some of the names here.

Looks like a fun time tasting all those wines.

Quick question though..........

Do you taste the wines in a "scoring" way, or do you just taste them to see what they are like, to see how the other members made the wine?

Each month we all bring wines to (taste) drink during our meeting. If someone is having a problem with their winewe critique their wineto help them out.
Some of our meetings are scoring. Just 2 months ago we did a blind tasting done in groups of wine. That is whites/reds and catagorized by grape. Either way we always have a topic we go over lasting much of the meeting.
This meeting was interupted by the EAGLES game. Yea we are Jersey based near Philly.
Oh did I say THEY WON ?

WELL finally I got pics on the site via TEPE,better know AS .,,,IN THE FIRST PIC THE CURLY HAIR LADY IS MY WIFE OF 33 YEARS AND FINALLY IN THE 2ND PIC I GET TO SEE YOU PEOPLE,,,TOM SAID HE WOULD HELPTO TEACH MEHOW TO DO THIS IS WINTER AND SHOW YOU MY SET UP ,AND GET A LITTLE MORECREATIVE THIS YEAR.WE TALKED ABOUT WINE CLUBS IN THE PAST SO FAR ARES HAS GROWN TO 52 ON LINE AND ABOUT 35 IN REAL TIMEMEETING,GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE,DON,T KNOW HOW TO OR WERE TO EXPANDED TO IFWE GET BIGGER.........BUT WE DO MAKE SOME DECENT WINE AND HAVE A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE WITH AND THROUGHT EACH OTHER.,AND THEY HAVE HEARD A LOT ABOUT THIS FORM AND HAVE TASTED,WADES AND JOBES WINE .AND LIKE THEM......................AS THEY SHOULD..QUAILITY ALWAYS COME THE THE FRONT OF THE LINE,,,,,,,,,,,,

20090112_080006_IMG_1382.JPG
20090112_080442_IMG_1383.JPG
20090112_080734_IMG_1384.JPG
Joeswine;

Joeswine:
I will post for you here are just "SOME' of whats aging in his wine cellar.
smiley20.gif

Very nice setup Joe. I wish I could get a bunch of the milk crates. They are indeed handy to move the carboys. I don't have nearly enough of them.

Yes, indeed...Very nice area. Nice bunch of wines you have going, what are they?

Great use of the plastic milk crates....as well as storing bottles of wine in plastic buckets laid on their sides...
smiley32.gif

I too don't have enough milk crates....I have started using some for storing bottles of wine....But have yet to have enough to use on the carboys.

Have used some plastic File Storage Crates [from office supply stores] for wine, but they are pretty thin and tend to bow out on the sides...But, keep them close together, so as not to burst [don't know if they really would] Wouldn't consider using them to lift carboys...they are pretty flimsy.

Like to wire the crates together as well put a short piece of 2X4 lumber under the front of the crates, just to slope them backward a bit. Feel more secure about the bottles not slipping out.. Try to only put Bordeaux bottles in the crates for better stacking... you know how those Burgundy bottles like to slip when they are stacked on top of each other....If I do put Burgundy bottles in them I put the bottom row further out and stack the next row further back and so on...

I am a real worry wart about things shifting having lived in California for a short time...things do shift in this world occasionally.

BTW Appleman...I see stacks of crates behind WalMart....
smiley2.gif

To date we have only picked ours up at garage sales....ask no questions.

Oh my! That looks great! The hours of work/pleasure that went into it is evident! Thanks for the pictures. Ideas, ideas, ideas!
smiley2.gif

nice ste up Joe...i see the map of italy on the wall..where is your family from?

I had to look at those pictures twice!!! I thought that it was a picture of my wine room. You know!!! The one that I have in my dreams!!!!

Back