first kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks tepe for the help,from left to front to right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cab,from cal.//voigner from cal//peach fresh fruit////blackcurrent fromwalkers///camara from chill//melbec from chill// blackberry pino noirblend//sharaz from chill//////////front chard from cal//thompson seedless from fruit///muscato from italy////right side hermitage on 2 bottles//brunello from Italy// 2 of ammerone from Italy,not seen the prep area and about a 4 crate high by6 crate long ares of finished wine //also 1 /6 of raspberry Shiraz blendwhich i bottled today/////just so your aware i top off with dry nitrogen so the head space is not a problem//tepe can you let these good fokes see the wine tasting meeting we had in November,,lots of work ,sometimes good and not so good but you all know how that works...............

my people haled originally from Naplesand colibrajust over the other side of the Italian alps////////////////

cool...mine are from Gesualdo, Mirabella and Naples....whenever my grandmother (Mirabella) was mad at my grandfather (gesualdo) she would say with distaste, 'fa napoli' (go to naples in a why dont you sort of way) that was weird to me because my other grandmother WAS from Naples...so i was confused hahahah...was i supposed to think bad on her? hahahaha

from meeting w/ Joeswine CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN

20090112_185415_IMG_1390.JPG

Tepe, nice neat wine area. I love it!!
smiley17.gif
What are those wicker basket looking things?

Those things i think your looking at are 15 gal
smiley4.gif
Italian carboys with spouts at the bottom...............and yes they are wicker...
smiley2.gif

Joe, upir setup is very nice. And I love the Italian wicker carboys!!
smiley4.gif

thank you carboys are about $55 apiece........very functional even if i primary 12 gallons in them it still works..................

Joe everything looks great, especially you. I need to ask- how do you keep your hair that color - you are 60 years old???!!!!! While mine is still mostly brown, it is turning faster than I would like (and I just turned 55). I assume it is natural, but maybe you color somehow. Not intending to be insulting at all if I seem like it - just envious! The only person I know that has kept her hair color is my mother-in-law. Her hair still hasn't turned and she is about 75!

You guys sample a lot of wines when you get together. It must be a great group! Are you guys kit makers or do you just do regular wine? I wish there was that large of a group in my area. That must be fun, educational and a big support group to each other. Keep up the good work.

APPLE MAN we use ,grapes,fresh fruit and kits,while most of us use fresh fruit and juices a few of us, use kits also to enhance our variety of product,we also use fresh herbs and vegetables ,we do run the gamete of raw product to make our wines,me i like fresh juice and fruits,i specialize in f-PAC and extracts and blending ,love the Hobie and have a wife who is very supportive of my efforts,are group has some very good wine makers for cellar dwellers and we are at versus levels of development ,but we keep it fun ,but were completive at the same time....WE help each other in every way that it is asked for and don,t pull no punches (tactful) know what i mean.......

APPLE MAN no just me ,,I vent a lot ,,don,t hold back keeps me calm and even tempered........no coloring promise

smiley36.gif
smiley31.gif
Somehow, Joe, I completely agree that you vent a lot! Good way to keep it calm. Especially in your trade!!

Back