Mosti Mondiale First Kit - MM VN Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff H

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I started my first kit (MM VN Pinot Noir) late Saturday evening and this evening here she be:

20080414_173057_MM_VN_PN1_4_14_.jpg
20080414_173406_MM_VN_PN2_4_14_.jpg

Well it appears that things are progressing nicely.
I had a few questions early on and George was kind enough to help me out (Thanks again George!).
I'm gonna seal the cover (with the airlock) in a little while and let nature takes it's course. Jeff

Wade,

It did seem kinda cool! You can really smell the alcohol coming off of the must. I wasn't entirely sure if I mixed the yeast correctly. I used tap water and the directions stated no chlorine water. I have fish so I just stirred the heck out of it to releasethe chlorine or chloramines (before I put the yeast in) like I do for the fishes. Must have worked.

JeffEdited by: Jeff H

Jeff, please don't sleep with the fishes!
smiley4.gif

Nice ferment you have there! Don't you just love that smell?? Yum!

Joan,

At one time I had 5 tanks set up. It's a cool hobby but like anything it can overwhelm you. The damn fish were too happy and would not stop breeding. It was like a sick geometric progression. I'm finally down to 1 tank (46 gallon) and I have 11 fish left. When they decide to sleep with the humans this hobby is over. My new wine making area also doubles as a fish equipment warehouse (ebay here we come!). Yep the smell is yummy!

Jeff

46 gallons??? You don't fool around!! One could do the backstroke in a tank that big!
smiley4.gif

46 gallons does sound like alot but it really is a nice size tank. With tanks a little larger is actually better because the water quality stays more constant. I was having a hell of a time with my smaller tanks (29 gallons and below) when we moved to Peoria. The water here is questionable (yep I used bottles for my MM VN PN kit).

Glad I was able to help. Sorry, again that I had to call you back on Sunday.

George,

No need to apologize. I called after hours on Saturday, so it was really I who was imposing. I thought it was great that you called me back on Sunday on "your own time". You've offered great customer service. I'm glad I found your place on the net.
smiley1.gif

Yep - got the peanuts. Re-stuffed an old chair with them (just kidding).But nothing was damaged upon arrival.
smiley31.gif

Hi Jeff, good luck with your Pinot Noir, and welcome to the forum. I don't live too far away from youin Oregon, IL. I have a cousin that lives in German Town.

That's why my icon title says "newbie",
smiley4.gif
I'm sure I'll correct that in the near future...oh damn - I best get my fish equipment on ebay before this gets out of control
smiley3.gif

Hey Tomy,

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be playin cards in Germantown this weekend. Your cousins name doesn't happen to be Brian does it? My daughter was just up in your area last week at Loredo Taft. It's a small world.

Beyond the primary - the fishequipment warehouse:

20080415_194248_Beyond_the_Prim.jpg

Resized imageEdited by: Jeff H

Last nights bounty: Courtesy of the Olive Garden

20080415_193049_Bottles_4_08__2.jpg

Resized imageEdited by: Jeff H

Latest posts

Back