First glimps of my wine - thanks for all your help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiccan_Lager

Reaction score
So when I decided to make wine for the first time without my dads "pitch yeast and pray" method, I turned to you guys for help. Being most helpful, I am honestly say this has to be (although still young to be tasty) the most beautiful wine I have ever had my grimey paws on. A big thank you for everything you guys have done in the past, continue to do and are working on on winemakingtalk.

2013-02-09-129_2.jpg

How about some specifics? What type of wine is it?

Ahh. This one is called "all sorts of F&^&ed up Sh(*" because this was a carboy with all the remaining juice. I made a petite sirah/zinfandel/alicante blend. What ever juice was left over I chucked into a carboy. And there you have it. No clue it's proportions.

Dangerous..i know. But That why they call me Wiccan Dangerous Lager.

Last edited:
Lol, the only problem with that method,(not keeping track of ingredients) is when you make the best wine you ever made the problem of "How do I make that again" comes up. Good luck with it, glad it is good enough to post about. Arne.

Lol, the only problem with that method,(not keeping track of ingredients) is when you make the best wine you ever made the problem of "How do I make that again" comes up. Good luck with it, glad it is good enough to post about. Arne.

Yup, I agree! Much like the captain of a ship, the captain of a winery MUST keep a detailed log!

You wine has a very unusual color. Did you blend in white grape juice as well as red?

No white. It is just petite sirah, zin and alicante. I was rather surpised with the color myself. ALicante alone should make this dark and the petitie sirah was almost black in the pales. I think we got a mystery on our hands.

Yup, I agree! Much like the captain of a ship, the captain of a winery MUST keep a detailed log!

You wine has a very unusual color. Did you blend in white grape juice as well as red?

Unusual like the strange cute new girl in town, or the strange new girl who picks her nose in the library kind of unusual.

Unusual like the strange cute new girl in town, or the strange new girl who picks her nose in the library kind of unusual.

Like the cute girl. No comment intended, It just seems unexpected given the blend of all red grapes.

Did you macerate (let sit on skins) for any length of time?

Latest posts

Back