First glass

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homesteader26

Reaction score
Trying a glass of what is a work in progress! It is still sweet and has a little fizz so I'll call it a wine cooler. This is from my first batch of cooked concord juice that started at 1.140 and is at 1.050 - no idea what that would equal 4%? 5%? So far?

Think I'm going to like this new hobby a lot! ImageUploadedByWine Making1411605338.002600.jpg

I think your ABV is more like 12.23%

Depending on your yeast selection you might get to 14 - 18%.

Fun hobby, isn't it?

I come up with about 12%. 1.140 is a very high starting point. If you're using EC-1118 and it ferments dry, you could be at 18+% ABV.

Is it sweet because you stopped the fermentation before the wine went dry? Is that what explains the sweetness and low ABV?

Bkisl it is still fermenting - this was my first batch and I made do many mistakes .... It is still slowly going down in SG - to be honest I think It will stop in its own and never go dry but after 4 wks in the primary I am putting it into a carboy and will rack when it needs to be and see what I get 6 - 12 months from now

Back