First Ever Racking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montyfox

Reaction score
Making a Winexerts Vinter's Reserve White Zinfandel for my first go at this. Today was the day to rack it to the carboy. This is the first time I've ever done this and I must tell you, it was pretty exciting. My problem now is that I've got an empty primary just sitting there looking at me. Here are some pics.

20080119_112216_Racking_01.JPG

20080119_112453_Racking_02.JPG

20080119_112655_Racking_03.JPG

20080119_113327_Racking_04.JPG

This is kind of fun! I'm looking forward to drinking it.

Well get you a couple more carboys if you don't have them already and order up another kit! Congrats on the first batch. Looks like it is going good and you should be enjoying that wine pretty quick!

Thanks Smurfe and thanks for the wine tutorial! I can't tell you how many times I've read that through nor how many times I've read the directions. Your work is definately appreciated by us newbies.

To make things even easier for you, get a spigot for that primary, it makes bottling and racking from primary so much easier. You just put the hose on and turn the handle. I bought some and installed them on every primary I have.

Cool, I'm making the same wine for my 2nd kit. It looks even better as it clears and the sediment goes to the bottom. Maybe I'll snap some pics of mine too.

Monty,
Welcome to the forum. I've enjoyed your thread and picts, thanks.
A couple of thoughts:
-The pink towels are a nice touch. I'm normally not a white Zin guy but that looks so good I'm thinking about it.
-An empty carboy is a bad thing -Lonesome and lacking in potential.
smiley19.gif

The only wine making empty you need is the carboy you are going to fill next! All the rest of the stuff can be in varying states of "occupied"! George can help you with that.
-If you listen to smurfe, waldo, wade, masta, PeterZ, - etc., you have a chance at getting HOOKED and you will get way less sleep. You will be on this forum a couple of hours a day and enjoying the new infotheyare so willing to share. Enjoy!

-Oh and one more thing, watch outfor the offers to "taste your wine for you" There might be one or two of those.I might like to try some of that WZ myself
smiley2.gif
!

Latest posts

Back