First Batch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish1onthefly

Reaction score
Well my first batchhit the primary this afternoon! WE Austraulian Cab...
Thanks for all the help so far....
Yes I did look at the tutorial...
Yes I even followed the directions...
Yes I will try to be patient
I plan to start an new batch each month. Bring on the empty bottles
smiley32.gif

Good luck with you first batch. It won't be too long and you will be sitting back enjoying a nice glass of your own wine. It is going to try your patience waiting months to really be able to enyoy it, but you will learn patience along the way. Have fun.

Congrats. Do you have a menu plan on what you are going to start each month? Whats up next?

My wife and I both like the full body reds. I am thinking
Shiraz or Pinot Noir...any recomendations? Some of the reds I never heard of so I would not try them untill I did more research...
smiley2.gif

Shiraz is definately a "must do". Get a good kit though. A bare minimum of 10L. Get the all juice if your wallet will allow it. Just be advise it will take at least a year for it to be ready to drink

fish1onthefly said:
Well my first batchhit the primary this afternoon! WE Austraulian Cab...
Thanks for all the help so far....
Yes I did look at the tutorial...
Yes I even followed the directions...
Yes I will try to be patient
I plan to start an new batch each month. Bring on the empty bottles
smiley32.gif
Fish,
You've got potential to get hooked! I started this addiction a year ago this week. Thought about one kit a month would do for me too. The ante was upped every time I discovered the stuff I was making needed more time to develop so I am at 17 with three on deck and two more George is about todeliver. It has been fun, though. Enjoy!

fish1onthefly said:
My wife and I both like the full body reds. I am thinking
Shiraz or Pinot Noir...any recomendations? Some of the reds I never heard of so I would not try them untill I did more research...
smiley2.gif
Fish,
Mary and I also like big reds and hope to make one. Of the 11 reds we have made, the MM Masters Edition Granbarolo has the most potential so far. Pitched yeast on it 10/10/07 and have been bulk aging it. The wine thief got into it for a tastethis week, andit stillneedslots of time but it is going to befull bodied.

BTW, racked ou CC Rosso Super Tuscan to secondary yesterday and with the grape pack, it seemspositively thick and jammy.Smells full and rich as well. This could be aBIG one too.

Tell us what you decide after your research.We may follow yourideasfor our next one.

Latest posts

Back