Finished Product!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! Looks great. It's a great feeling, isn't it? :br

Thanks! It is a great feeling....I'm like a proud mom..hahaha! I can't wait to bottle more! Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help. I'm sure I'm not done asking silly questions.

Christy

I've very impressed and surprised by the taste! It has more body than I had expected. I bottled 3 gallons and put the rest in a 3 gallon carboy to age for a little longer. I can tell this stuff is going to go quickly. I want to give a bottle to everyone to show it off :br

I want to give a bottle to everyone to show it off :br

So the first 30 people that pm you their address get a bottle? :)

Christy I have another question, purely out of curiosity. You have "Winter 2012" on your bottle. How does one determine what Winter 2012 is? If you bottled this coming Dec is that not Winter 2012 also. I am asking this because I really don't know the answer.

Well, I don't know the answer either....hahaha. I went by when it was bottled. I guess I could have put the exact date. What do you think?

Way to go! Looks good. I like the red tops. I used PVC shrinks on some of mine that I gave away to make them look nice and it took a few bottles to get the technique down. All part of the learning experience. Looks like you got it on the first try!

Last edited:
Lol I messed up one... We call the messed up one our "Special Edition" bottle.

Well, I don't know the answer either....hahaha. I went by when it was bottled. I guess I could have put the exact date. What do you think?

Hi Christy!
You'll find a variety of opinions on the matter, but I put the month and year that I pitched the yeast. That's when the juice/must became wine. If you aged it for several months or even a year before bottling, you really don't know the age of the wine if you just put the bottling date on it. That's just my opinion. Keep up the good work! :try

Latest posts

Back