WineXpert Finally Full

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenore

Reaction score
So it took me a little over one year with generous consumption made by family and friends. Now my wine rack (purchased here) that holds 120 bottles and my smaller 40 bottle rack are full!! I have a carboy of a Crushendo waiting for the bottling day and another kit that has not been started. I have wine for Christmas presents and everything. I didn't think I would ever see my racks at capacity!! What a fun and addictive hobby!!

Could you share some photos of your full racks....sometimes they don't stay full for very long....The wine fairies come and take it away......
We all love photos...

Congratulations!

However, I suspect if the racks are full your not dinking enough.
smiley5.gif

Lenore said:
So it took me a little over one year with generous consumption made by family and friends. Now my wine rack (purchased here) that holds 120 bottles and my smaller 40 bottle rack are full!! I have a carboy of a Crushendo waiting for the bottling day and another kit that has not been started. I have wine for Christmas presents and everything. I didn't think I would ever see my racks at capacity!! What a fun and addictive hobby!!

I know the feeling. I have 2 racks that have a 168 bottle capacity each. BOth are loaded down and I have 3 batches still to bottle. We had to drink quite a few bottles just becasue I had no place to put them.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I just can't imagine having to drink up to for more room, Wouldn't that be nice! I'm still waiting for santa to bring me a wine rack.

Good for you Lenore!!! I wish I had that problem. I'm starting to store my empty bottles (waiting to be filled) in my racks to make the cellar look more full.

About the only rack my wines see is the racking from the carboy to bottling bucket.....After that they go pretty quickly. I do hava a 45 bottle one that I manage to keep about 1/2 full at any given time.

I really working hard on having that problem of full shelves but to no avail so far.

By sheer volume of production, I managed to fill my two racks with a capacity of about 260 bottles total. Then I ran out of room and have about 20 case boxes full on their sides. I've got to build a couple more one of these upcoming winter days. I've got about 30 gallons more to bottle and have a few batches to start from Christmas presents- thanks to George's Wish Lists. With any luck, I can have a batch or two this coming year from my own grapes.

Boy, what great wine collections! I built a "wine rack" with8 large shelves so I could keep my batches seperate. So far I have approx. 170 bottles and one Crushendo batch bulk aging. I'm trying to wait on the LE kits coming in Jan. but I'm starting to get ants in my pants not having something cooking in the basement. I might have to slip one in before the year is out.

I'm like Waldo and consume almost as fast as I make, so I have resolved to double my production next year. Be my luck we double our consumptions next year too.
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back