Filter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekjames100

Reaction score
Would you filter cab sauv/Malbec? Crush was last May, going to bottle some in April for a family event. Also, I sulfited 1/4 tsp/6 gallons at last rack in early January--should I add another 1/4 tsp at bottling? I figure it can only help--that small amount shouldn't affect taste right?

Would you filter cab sauv/Malbec? Crush was last May, going to bottle some in April for a family event. Also, I sulfited 1/4 tsp/6 gallons at last rack in early January--should I add another 1/4 tsp at bottling? I figure it can only help--that small amount shouldn't affect taste right?

As long as there is no sediment in the carboy - You should be ok not to filter. But I have kicked myself in the a__ for not filtering at times. I do cold stabilize all my wines prior to bottling for any tartaric drop out.

Yes I would add a heavy 1/4 tsp of sulfite prior to bottling - I am assuming that you do not have Ph meters or a SO2 indicator

Latest posts

Back