Fermentation allergies?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike777

Reaction score
My wife noticed she had a sinus headache and itchy eyes, and suspects the yeast from two active batches might be the cause. (first double ferment)

We are fermenting in the house.

Anyone else notice this or similar types of allergies?

My wife has allergies, every time she does a "full" clean on the house has the itchy scratchy sneezy thing from the dust. Ive had as many as six batches fermenting at once on my little table in the dining room, never seen a reaction from it.

It's just been a banner year for allergens. I bet it's not the wine but something that's blooming somewhere.

My wife and my eldest are allergic to everything. They take weekly shots to keep it under control They've not had any issues and I always have something going.

I am allergic to everything and have developed asthma as a result. I am OK during fermentation but using the vinator/sulphiter to sanitize our bottles caused both me and my husband ( no asthma history ) to have pretty strongasthma attacks. Your wife may want to be careful around the sulfer fumes. I get regular shots too.

Latest posts

Back