ferment time

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

openbeerz

Junior
Reaction score
Iam on my second beer kit, this one is a brewers best started three days ago and already the sg is down to 1.010 so I racked it to a glass carboy and will wait for it to clear, I guess about two weeks should do it and then I will bottle it, am I doing this right,I have done a bunch of wine kits and just not used to the quick ferment time of the beer kits.Thanks for any help.

1,2,3 is a rule for beer making. 1 week in primary, 2 weeks in secondary, and 3 weeks in bottle.

Thanks,then I will just leave it in secondary a few days longer to reach the three full weeks before I bottle.

It depends on the style of beer, yeast used and fermentation conditions. I have had ales such as Witbier ferment in 3-4 days. I have brewed pale Ales that have been brewed one day and kegged and drinking within a week. Just verify with your hydrometer that it is done, and go from there. I don't use a secondary so I let it set a week or so after primary fermentation in the primary then rack it to a keg.

Latest posts

Back