Favorite Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is you favorite wine to make?

• Cabernet Sauvignon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Merlot

• Zinfandel

• Chardonnay

• Other

• Total voters
Interesting poll but I can't vote because I am bewitched by wonderful
options! I haven't yet bottled my first kit wine, started in March but
have all four listed varietals polishing or bulk aging. As to my
historical favorites, I'd like to vote for dry/reds - I'm with Smurfe.

Australian Shiraz, from Barossa valley especially. It's like drinking a ribeye.

- Jim

Show this poll to a wine steward at a liquor store and he would "dropin his tracks". As an aside,the wine steward really opens up when you start talking Super Tuscan, Barolo, Amarone, Chateuneuf-du-Pape.

my favorite wine is the one that is open!

I like the big chewy reds most of all

My "other" was Pinot Noir because I have more of that than anything ele, but I can see my taste evolving to different reds -- I've got Nebbiolo andshiraz going as well but still like "everyday" cabs and merlots.

I made a crumptious LH Vidal that has changed non-drinkers minds about wine. Also a favorite was the batch of tart cherry mead I made last Fall. Tastes like fresh cherry pie. Yum.

My palate has been evoling. The first vinifera that pulled me away fromsweet quafing wines was aRiesling. Then I discoveredOld Vin Zin.

I have 7 gallons of CA Zin fermenting right now. Can't wait to get it into my Hungarian Oak barrel.
smiley36.gif

Of the Kit wines I've made, my favorite is the Veiux Chateau Da Roi (Chateuneuf-du-Pape). Of fruit wines there is no question its the red raspberry!

Of the commercial wines that I've not made in kit, I love Shiraz!Edited by: pkcook

I've got a wine for you I bet you would just love. I visited a winery in S. Florida called Eden Vinyards in Alva , FL They make a Starfruit wine which is floral in smell, mildly sweet and tropical in taste. Their website is www.edenwinery.com I am now in search of fresh fruit to try making it myself now.

That's a tough one because like someone said they are all our baby's especially after working with them for a year. I don't think I can narrow it to one but maybe a couple. Muscadine and plum. They are the two I make every year.

Of all the kit wines I've made, none are over a year old. But, as for commercial wines, a big red chewy Zin usually fits the bill.

geocorn said:
Show this poll to a wine steward at a liquor store and he would "dropin his tracks". As an aside,the wine steward really opens up when you start talking Super Tuscan, Barolo, Amarone, Chateuneuf-du-Pape.

Tell the wine steward that you're looking for a Tannat Merlot and you'll really impress them. When they respond "Huh," tell him or her it is a blend most popular in Uruguay, but also in Argentina. When they respond "Huh," tell him or her Uruguay is a small country in South America bordered byArgentina and Brazil and the Atlantic Ocean. Perhaps you can tell I was looking for a sample of the RJ Spagnols Restricted Quantity Argentine Tannat Merlot. But she at least was familiar with Carmenere and I bought and tried a bottle. I explained to her that Carmenere was a grapepreviously mistaken for Merlot and now a major grape in South America. She did indeed open up and gave me several empty wine boxesfor my upcoming move.

DFW, theTannat Merlot RQ is the 1 that caught my eye and pre-ordered as soon as I seen it.
Edited by: wade

Chianti and Amarone - Red
Pinot Grigio- White

Although since joining this forum, I find myself trying some new wines, so I may change my mind.

WELL people any white wine will do for me,pino nior if I had to chose a red,1st,2nd sharaza,guess thats a perty wide divide
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back