WineXpert Favorite Island Mist.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also fine vine wine is having a sale on these types of kits. So they are around &60 with $10 flat rate shipping. It is on the specials tab.

Their special, our everyday price. Untill June first when MAP pricing goes into effect. We will have some changes coming at that time too.

favorite island mist kits

I really hope more people add their favorite island mist kits cause I am new to them and am going to buy a couple but not sure which ones to start with. The Green apple seems very popular as does the watermelon kit.

Corinth

favorite island mist

:u:u:u
The green apple has some high ratings.
I wanted to be clear that it was the wine expert green apple rieslingg since there are a lot of green apple kits out there.

The strawberry watermelon shiraz was popular also.

Exotic fruits white zinfandel was popular as was the peach apricot chardonnay.

Raspberry peach Sangria seems to be liked by more than one
person.

I did not include those kits that people were going to try( self included) or other kits made by other companies(subject to change).

Just trying to give us an idea what is currently popular.

Any others favorites:a1

Corinth:gn

You've got some excellent kits listed there Corinth! I say go for the Peach Apricot (Island Mist). It's a winner. :)

I'd have to say out of the 8 different mist kits I've made my favorite and one that got the most compliments on is the kiwi pear. I've tasted several other flavors and as ray said the peach apricot is a winner. I think that'll be one of the next batches I make. I currently have the green apple and the pomegranate zin in primary's right now!

favorite island mist

:u:u:u
The green apple has some high ratings. One fairly good size company has it as high as 40 hits while the pomegranate zinfandel had 34 and the Strawberry White Merlot at 32.
I wanted to be clear that it was the wine expert green apple rieslingg since there are a lot of green apple kits out there.

The strawberry watermelon shiraz was popular also.

Exotic fruits white zinfandel was popular as was the peach apricot chardonnay. Ray just sat down,scarf blowing in the wind at the table dropped an additional half a sheet on the peach Chardonnay as a clear helpful hint to this rookie as did a very sophisticated renaissance man who followed up with a full sheet on the peach apricot and I was about to close shop but it ain't over till its over!

Raspberry peach Sangria seems to be liked by more than one person.

I did not include those kits that people were going to try( self included) or other kits made by other companies(subject to change).

Just trying to give us an idea what is currently popular.

Any others favorites:a1

Corinth:gn

Last edited:
So this is the first kit I made of this type making the exotic zin and was wondering how much sugar I can add and not mess up the kit? The kit says ABV is 7% as is. Can I add sugar to make it like 11 or 12?

Ideal temp should be in the 72~75 range or so.
Thanks. I see that the directions call for that temperature range, but wasn't sure if real world results called for anything different. The directions, especially the temperatures, always seem too "universal" to me, given that they are the same for both red and wine kits.

Latest posts

Back