Facebook

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
OK, my brother in law is in Afghanistan right now and has been trying to speak to me via phone but we always miss. Sooooooo, I jump back on facebook for a few days just to reply to his messages and what does Kaspersky detect? Luckily Kaspersky caught it and denied it but you people who go on that site are freakin crazy if you ask me! I got hit like 2 years ago hard on 3 computers from that site! Didnt learn my lesson obviously but couldnt prove it but it was caught this time and Kaspersky even gives the file name as http://0-ect.channel.facebook.com/pull etc etc and so on so any of you who dont believe that site is loaded with virus's I say BS!!!!:w

I have learned to avoid facebook trouble, but I fix friends computers all the time that catch stuff there. If you kick allow on any of the apps , you are asking for trouble. Do not click on links!!!!! U tube links are the worst. I have this discussion with a lot of peeps and they don't believe me. Then I load malwarebyte, super anti virus and Nod 32. Run them all (one at a time) and scare then when they see results. Remember todays viruses are designed to steal from you. Info, passwords, identity = Money. It is no longer kids messing around.
BTW I have hacked( former hobby) into facebook accts before and its easy. Facebook does not care because it is a free site and why spend money improving security when you don't need to
Kaspersky is good and so is NOD( esets)Norton lets stuff in all day long

Last edited:
Disabled my account several months ago and haven't missed it once. :D

Too much garbage on there - viruses, ads, etc. Remember: on Facebook, you are the commodity, not the customer.

Thats just the thing, last timd with the virus I didnt stray at all and this time I didnt either, I was just responding to a message from my brother in law and thats it!!!!!. Thats when the Kadpersky warning came up while
I was typing.

Some of the stuff that you get is actually from Fb itself - tracking stuff. Yes, they track you! Wherever you go.

Part of my biz demands I be on FB, so be it. But you don't have to volunteer to give them every iota about you to be on there.

Get a super cookie remover browser plugin for your browser and the tracking will be minimized. Facebook doesn't track with regular cookies. They use Flash-based super cookie objects that have a lot more programming capability and memory (browser cookies have a maximum size limit). This is how Facebook tracks users even after they log out of the site. Once you leave Facebook their super cookie program records sites that you visit and some limited other info. Then the next time you go to Facebook, it gives that saved info. A lot more sites than just Facebook have started doing this. Deleting super cookies with a plugin prevents all that because it makes it so they are deleted when the browser exits (you can't delete them while the browser is running since they are also stored in memory).

Any questions just ask. This type of security is what I do for a living!

I do use facebook, but I don't click on any of the links, down't download anything, I'm very careful with it. I only have a few apps that I use. I use it a lot for chat and keeping in touch with people. I haven't had a problem with it yet. I also don't post anything on there that I wouldn't care if the whole world saw, so nothing terribly personal! (knock on wood) I've never in my life gotten a virus on any computer I've ever owned. (Hoping I didn't just jinx myself! :p)

This is how they make their money off you. If using Fire Fox go get the add on . Its called better privacy. If not using Firefox, go download fire fox and than the addon

My grandmother was big into Ham Radios.........they had antennas that were 100 feet high, one night when the conditions were just right, she was talking to the astronauts! (Or so she said). :p

ahh so what's this year. I hear about Twitter but never heard a good thing about it nor do I know anyone that uses it.

I am old enough that I LMAO that something with the root word "twit" in it is something people actually want to be part of! It's a brave new geekworld.

I agree with Mike on FB, but the IPO was a joke to start with. The company was priced at 80-100 times earnings. The greedy folks who bought the stock were fools, sold on the story and not the fundamentals. Now they want to sue. Ha! I say, toss that out and tell them to do their homework next time, judge.

FB just shows we are on the verge of another tech collapse, I think. I own no tech stocks right now. It's the same deal as the last one. Groupon - what a flimsy business plan, and the stock's price shows it. And so on...

Last edited:
The problem with the FB IPO had more to do with the late-in-the-game revision of the prospectus by MS. The IPO day started with institutional cancels and a surprised bunch of individuals that though they were lucky enough to get filled.

Then the word got around about the revised-down earnings estimates.

It's ugly. The litigation process started almost immediately.

What was your handle? :)
My handle was "Blazer Boy" (powder blue 1970 Chevy Blazer with removable hard top and a rocking 8track, power booster and removable speakers that you could hear from one end of Crystal Beach to another). My license number was KSP0360. 10-10

Latest posts

Back