Cellar Craft Ever use more than one syrah pack?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJayman

Reaction score
Kicked off a Chateau Du Pays this morning, the 18L.

When I ordered this kit and a lot of other stuff from George, I also picked up an extra Syrah grape pack for future use.

Has anyone ever used more than one syrah pack in a cellar craft (or any other brand)? Results?

I feel one is enough. I have a cab and syrah skins that are aging on 2 CA juice wines now. I hope to use some morre when the Chilean juices come in.

I'm sure George will say the same.

I agree that one would be enough. These higher end kits have decent tannin levels already and adding one grape pack would bring it up to really nice.

Kind of had that feeling.... at least as far as the cc kits went. I say that because I really long to replicate the feel/taste of the french syrah wines...

Have thought of using in a non-supplied grape pack kits, but cc and those (from what I can gleen) that offer french juices seem to have them. Not to stray from the spirit of the post, but any experience/thoughts on also incorporating an extra in the cc GSM 10.5 kit which includes a pack? Seems a convenient way to body up a thinner kit.

Again, anyone with good experience using syrah packs in other kits? Was also taming a wild hair using in a mosti 23L cab/merlot batch..... Not a true bordeux or rhone, but may be a real tasty freak.:dg

Back