Equipment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade if you bring the temp down to freezing while bottling, as well as freeze the bottles, you will find you get very little foam, even when over-carbonated.

I did freeze the bottles and will eventually get a freezer for this and a temp control to use for my kegged beer. Thanks, I had a feeling I shouldnt have done this at this temp but you never know until you try. Oh well, it does have some carbonation and still tastes great.

I wish I seen this before I bought my Beer Gun (which I haven't got to use yet). It get pretty good reviews. The one the fellow made in the link looks like it ought to work fine as well. I do hope to get to try the beer gun soon though. I have a Brew House Pilsner going that I might try to bottle. Gonna be 2-3 months before it is done lagering though.

http://www.ipass.net/mpdixon/Homebrew/CounterPressureFiller.htm

CheapBottleFiller.jpg

Ill have to see if I can whip up something like that, I did see that contraption in a post also but was a little unsure but now that i look at it a little closer it looks feasible.

I just now realized that when I did the carbed bottling using the picnic tap and the racking cane method that I was supposed to use a rubber bng for a stopper on the cane to prevent carb loss.
smiley13.gif
What a dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just kegged both a Brew House Cream Ale and the Crab Apple wine so Ill give it a try on the Crab Apple as i bottled the extra gallon that didnt fit in the corny with the Cream Ale and used carb drops.

Latest posts

Back