Equipment Got Here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdtexan

Reaction score
When you order something from George it gets here really fast. George and his crew really do use some peanuts huh? Everything is in great shape and I really do appreciate it. Thanks George.

Mike D

I've always gotten it within 3 days............

And always secure..................

I think George and Mark do a great job of getting orders out in a timely manner and pack them so we get them in good shape..
smiley32.gif
..even if those peanuts are a pain...lol

So what all did ya get tex..where are the pictures ???
We do like pictures you know
smiley4.gif

Waldo said:
So what all did ya get tex..where are the pictures ???
We do like pictures you know
smiley4.gif

I got

1. One pound of Tannin
2. One three gallon carboy (with stopper & airlock)
3. Ten #6 drilled stoppers for my 4 liter jugs
4. Ten airlocks
5.Five 38mm Poly Seal screw caps for my 4 liter jugs
6. Wine thief
7. Carboy brush
8. One million packing peanuts.

These were all items that I just needed to have around. Some of those items I thought I could do without when I made my initial order (somewhere else). I wish I had made my initial order with George. He has incentives on his website that I was not aware of until after I made my initial order. The reason I didnt order from him originaly was I didnt want to pay the Texas taxes. I still would have come out better ordering here. Then he has that FVW Growers Club thing. I would be most of the way there had I been aware of that before I ordered somewhere else. Dont get me wrong, I am not beating up on his competition, I just would have liked to been closer to the growers club thing.

In short, I am happy with my order. Already making another "I gotta have" list. I noticed that my wine thief will not fit in the4 liter jugs. I also think I want one of those vacuum thingies. Not sure about filtration but I will probably experiment with it once I develop some wine skills. Remember I am new and I only have the, a) 6 gallon Island Mist Blackberry Cabernet, b) 4 liter hard apple cider, c) Joes Ancient Orange Mead going right now.

Those are good things to have, if yo are going to be doing fruit wines you should also get some bungs for regular wine bottles.

My wine thief is pretty skinny, it fits into the jugs, but... after not too long, I found a regular "turkey baster" to be a lot easier for me to use instead of a wine thief.

Not saying you shouldn't have a proper wine thief, just offering an alternative.

As for being new and only 3 batches going so far, that'll change! Maybe not the "being new" but now you have those empty jugs, and an empty 3 gallon carboy, and 10 airlocks -- unless you leave them packed in the peanuts, hidden in the barn/garage, and even then, they will call to you like a siren and drive you mad in your sleep until you fill them up with fermenting juices.

...Or so I've heard...
smiley36.gif

Tex,

I keep thinkin Ok what else do I need?????

pelican said:
As for being new and only 3 batches going so far, that'll change!
Maybe not the "being new" but now you have those empty jugs, and an
empty 3 gallon carboy, and 10 airlocks -- unless you leave them packed
in the peanuts, hidden in the barn/garage, and even then, they will
call to you like a siren and drive you mad in your sleep until you fill
them up with fermenting juices.

...Or so I've heard...
smiley36.gif

Or so you have experienced...... As I LOL
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back