Entered local wine contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAwinedude

Seed Separator
Reaction score
Our local library held an amateur wine contest last night and I entered the following wines. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

2009 Chocolate Raspberry Port
2009 Strawberry Riesling
2009 Banana Pineapple Viognier
2009 Valpocella

There were a total of 51 wines entered in the contest and my port won a first place and the Riesling didn't place but won the people’s choice award.

Interestingly, the best of show was a blackberry/blueberry blend. There were some very talented wine makers in attendance and more importantly, a great deal of money was raised for the library. It was great to see people’s reactions as they tasted the many different wines.

After the contest was over, the winemakers poured our wines for the 200 people in attendance. Funny thing is....I could amade a bunch of money last night.....I had to send my wife back to our house to get more wine for the public tasting...

My personal favorite was a 2007 Traminette....It was my first time tasting this varietal....suffice to say I will be looking for it in the future

There were two ladies singing and playing guitar and they sang the song "Strawberry Wine" as a tribute to my Riesling.....

Anyway, I am a humble person.....really!!!! Last night was a blast.....regardless of winning or not.

We may have a local wine club in the making now and my winemaking network grew exponentially...

Sounds like everyone had a great time. I love to try different wines and when money is raised for a good cause that's all the better.

BOB

Congratulations!
smiley20.gif

This actually has me wondering if our local county fair which is in late August has a wine category......

Congratulations! What a great idea... I'll have to suggest it to my local library!

Phew....lets just say it was a little rough getting up this morning....
The port was a big hit....its still quite young....bottled it just before christmas....with very little bulk ageing.

I was at the grocery store a few hours ago and one of the librarians flagged me down....."aren't you the guy with that chocolate raspberry stuff?" where can I buy it? etc......

Its events like last night that reaffirms my belief in people.....good folks brought together for good wine.....

Got a bunch of wine in the hopper and will give the 2011 Amateur Wine competition a try.....

Congrats on the wine.....It can great fun being with people that enjoy wine and all the better when it is your wine.....
smiley20.gif

that is awesome I've tried networking through craigslist but not to many people interested in making wine in baton rouge...Still working on it

Latest posts

Back