Elementary school shooting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to debate the difference between 2 wines you have come to the right place. If you want to debate gun control you need to find another forum.

If you want to debate the difference between 2 wines you have come to the right place. If you want to debate gun control you need to find another forum.

With all due respect, isn't that what the general chit-chat forum is for? While the topic definitely provokes emotions, we have been civil, well spoken, and respectful to each other. I think of this forum as a group of friends from whom I value opinions.

I am finished debating. I feel that I have stated my case clearly and any more back and forth would be a waste of time and forum space.

This forum is called general chit chat, not general debate. I would beg to differ that this thread has been civil and respectful on a few post.

Lets move on.

Moving on.

I coach kids trapshooting.... I am a avid shooter, and nra member. My son shoots and neither of us have mental health problems. We love our freedoms and are not a danger to the general public, please don't punish the law abiding citizen for the actions of a psychotic predator. Why punish the lawful for the actions of the lawless...

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a debate about this subject is stirring emotions because of the subject. It is no different than debating whether a Cab Sauv is better than a Merlot as long as the debate remains civil which in my opinion it is.

I have no intention of stepping into this quagmire, but this is too funny! I have to say this debate is just a *bit* different from a Cab vs. Merlot debate. Very few Cab vs. Merlot debates around here include references to 'magazines' not entitled "Winemaker".

Besides, everyone knows Cab always wins... :D

Moving on. Here is my baby. Wish I could but another one... One of those mags is the new 60 round surefire. I bet I could get a small fortune out of that badboy.

View attachment 6411

I coach kids trapshooting.... I am a avid shooter, and nra member. My son shoots and neither of us have mental health problems. We love our freedoms and are not a danger to the general public, please don't punish the law abiding citizen for the actions of a psychotic predator. Why punish the lawful for the actions of the lawless...

I agree we should not punish the lawabiding citizen due the the actions of the lawless. It was the not the gun respinsible for the killing. The primary responsibility falls on one individual with possible mental issues. Mental issues that were known by the mother who in turn purchased the firearms used in the killing. She was the first to pay the price.

I am a law abiding citizen who owns firearms. In the state of PA, every firearm purchase through a dealer much go through a criminal back ground check. You must state if you have ever been involuntarily ccomitted for psychiatric evaluation. I believe it is a felonly if you lie on this form, which in it of it self makes you a prohibited person. Long gun purchases between private individuals do not require a back ground check provided both parties are residents of the state of PA and neither are a prohibited person. Yes, people slip through the cracks, I would be willing to bet, the majoroty of the crimes committed with are firearm are not committed with a legally purchased firearm to begin with. Hence criminal activity has already taken place.

I have had firearms in my home all my life. Never once have they been pointed at another individual. Why? At a young age I was taught respect for firearms, rules for safe handling, and saw first hand what damage could be done with a firearm. My firearm will never be pointed at another human unless I am defending myself, my family, my loved ones, or another individual. It's just how it is as a law abiding citizen. I rarely hune anymore but I enjoy going to the range with my two sons and shooting everything from .22 rifles to AR-15's.

I have taught all my older children how to shoot at a young age. I have a 5 y/o now and I intend on getting her her first .22 rifle to shoot within the next 2 years. It's about early education and early respect for the firearm.

IMHO, the problem today is society. People want instant gratification in everything they do. There's this whole notion "it takes a village to raise a child" I call BS on this. It starts at home. You need two loving parents to start. I realize two parent homes don't always exist, but it still starts at home. CHildren these days are not taught respect for others as we were taught growing up. Parents are not permitted to punish their children for fear of retribution and a call to CYS if god forbid you punish your child. Children do not have "rights" so to speak until they are 18. Until such time they have the right to do as their parent tell them to and to listen to their elders. But sadly society has given them some idea that they have the same rights as adults. Parents need to be allowed to get back to parenting when way those of us 30+ were raised. When if we did wrong, we knew the punishment and therefore we didn't.

Before we look at more legislation that will only affect the law abiding citizent, we should enforce them amny laws already on the books, stop the plea bargains, and then maybe we should also consider a phychological evaluation and IQ test before people are permitted to procreate.

Again I say this post had no intentions of being a gun control debate and there is no room for it. I am therefore closing this at this time. What a shame. It was meant to show sympathy to all those involved.

Anyone thinking this is censorship- call it what you like- It is Rule #15 of the forum rules- No debate threads in general chit chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back