Elderflower tea bags

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennK

Reaction score
How does everyone add their elderflowers to their must? I use to steep mine and add it, but this time I bought a elderflower tea bag and I'm wondering about the best method to add it to the must?

I stick mine in a small, reusable mesh bag with a drawstring. Sanitized it first. Then I steeped the filled bag in a cup or so of water and add both to the must.
Heather

Our last batch we put the elderflowerets in a half gallon mason jar and put in hot water and left it steep overnight. Curious about your elderflower tea, is it pure elderflowers or it is a mix of tea leaves and elderflowers? WVMJ

I stick mine in a small, reusable mesh bag with a drawstring. Sanitized it first. Then I steeped the filled bag in a cup or so of water and add both to the must.
Heather

I pretty well did the same, without the mesh bag.

Our last batch we put the elderflowerets in a half gallon mason jar and put in hot water and left it steep overnight. Curious about your elderflower tea, is it pure elderflowers or it is a mix of tea leaves and elderflowers? WVMJ

Looks like a mix and I purchased them separately, which is why it probably came in the tea bag format.

Latest posts

Back