Elderberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie said:
.........,,,birds will not touch them. I follow what the birds do, if they don't touch them, neither will I.

Best survival lesson I have gotten in a long time, out in the woods "look at all these berries and the birds just leave them alone, we have food now" ;)

Thanks Julie, guess I'll just be watching. Good news is cutting the bushes out opened up about 95% more light to them so something's gonna happen.

Cracked thats the best indicator pictures I have seen yet, and ya thats definitely not what I have, the flowers are all wrong. Thanks guys you saved the day AGAIN.

Tree wrapped with a palm frond. It was at a luau and I liked it so I snapped a picture.

image-2479769681.jpg

It was a few years ago and we did 2, Paradise Cove and one at the hotel, I believe this was at the hotel, I'm coming up blank with what hotel or even island ATM but I could PM or chat about anything we did. I'll get the name after wifey gets back.

We can't figure out where the luau was, we think Maui but not completely sure.

Hey that picture I posted a while ago I'm being told that is dogwood tree, the one with 4 pedal flowers.

Let me try again, is this elderberry. It has five pedals on the flower, the leaves look like cherry but kinda wild and thicker.

image-129254554.jpg

image-2239882720.jpg

Yes this looks like elderberry, here is a pic of the elderberry that grows in my backyard. You know if you would just come to the party on Sat. I can show you elderberries in person!!!!!!!

elderberry 2012.JPG

Wish I could Julie, one of these days, I hope to be around for a while. I'm just not sure how you guys do it with kids and everything, I can't find half enough time to do the stuff I absolutely have too let along enjoy. Sorry enough b!tching now.

Thanks for confirming guys. I really have been looking and come to find out they are growing right beside my father in laws barn. For some reason all the outdoor people I know have no idea what elder look like, every single one said "Oh my mom/gram used to make elderberry jam that was excellent" but not one of the 6 people I asked had any idea what the plant looked like. We will keep an eye on them now, when we was looking my FiL got all excited when I said I think they are elderberry.

Back