Edon Knoll Zinfandel from Brehm Vinyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cost is little more, but then I guess you get what you pay for. The quality seems real good. After a week (plan to put up an update tomorrow) it is going real well. Probably needs close to another week for primary, and definetly considering MLF.

Leads to a question, would people recommend pressing tomorrow, and then combine the two fermenters into one batch, or continuing on the skins 'till full dryness? The color is great right now, btw, and the volume of skins is down by nearly 50%.

Update

Almost done with fermenting. Did my pressing on Friday. Waiting for last couple of SG points before starting MLF. So far I have been very happy with the Brehm frozen grape route. Details at www.smartdogwinery.com

Tried something a little different for the pressing used two large strainers.

SDW Strainer Press - Pressing Zin.jpg

Two strainers work. Two buckets, the bottom one with holes drilled in the bottom, also work well. Got'a get creative sometimes, huh?

Looks great! Let us know how it all turns out.

The staff at Midwest recommended to not do MLF in the Chilean juice. I guess they're pasteurized or homogenized, or some kind of ized. bk

I used Brehm, they are not pasteurized.

The MLF is in progress, just slower than I expected.

Latest posts

Back