WineXpert eclipse Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We started an experiment where we bought a Vintners Reserve Pinot Noir, a Select and an Eclipse kit and started then at the same time. Our plan is to process them all the same and then taste them every six months or so for the next two years to see the difference in the taste of the different price kits as they mature. It will be interesting to see when each peaks.

We started them in late December so they are about 6 months old. We sampled the select and the eclipse last weekend. Both were coming along pretty well. They weren't quite ready yet but I suppose some would consider them drinkable. The eclipse was definitely better. Didn't notice any unusual flavors.

If you want a quick drinker buy an Island Mist kit. You can bottle them in about 4-5 weeks. Some are drinkable when bottled but all of them are better if you let them age for a month. They are low alcohol kits so it is a good ideal to add 2-4 lbs of sugar before you add the yeast to boost the SG and the resulting ABV.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Mark, how about a little more info, is this P. Verdot grapes? Or a kit? If so, which one? The reality is that you are the only one who can answer that question. You would do yourself well to comb all of the joeswine's "good wines gone bad" threads (yes there are several) and his "behind the scenes" thread.

I'm a bad person to ask too many questions to, while I don't like making mistakes, I'm not afraid to make them. Some of my mistakes have turned out down right tasty.

Mark, how about a little more info, is this P. Verdot grapes? Or a kit? If so, which one? The reality is that you are the only one who can answer that question. You would do yourself well to comb all of the joeswine's "good wines gone bad" threads (yes there are several) and his "behind the scenes" thread.

I'm a bad person to ask too many questions to, while I don't like making mistakes, I'm not afraid to make them. Some of my mistakes have turned out down right tasty.

Since the TITLE to the thread is "Eclipse Pinot Noir", it is obviously about a kit wine. Eclipse is Wine Experts premium line of wine kits.

The thread is also located in:

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum > Wine Making > Kit Winemaking > WineXpert eclipse Pinot Noir

My apologies DrCAD, I was simply responding to Mark's questions on posts #9 and #17 of this thread. I was asking if the P. Verdot was a kit.

BC

I am going to start this kit this week.
Let carboy age for a year. This will be my fall 2015 wine!

My apologies DrCAD, I was simply responding to Mark's questions on posts #9 and #17 of this thread. I was asking if the P. Verdot was a kit.

BC

Ahh, now I understand. Thread-creep. (like scope creep in project managment)

Back