Duct tape for wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloyd

green grape
Reaction score
I have a quick fix my girlfriend calls"Duct tape for wine" I use DEKUYPER SCHNAPPS for the F-pack. The flavoring they use is top notch, and it only has 15% alcohol by volume so using it does not change your alc/vol the sugar in it is sufficient to back sweeten. I've been here a while, and have gained a lot of knowledge and good advice from this site. I want to say thanks to all of you that have shared your experiences with me in my wine making effort. I have been known to cut corners, not always with the best results. This fix has saved a few batches of wine that might otherwise sent my friends running away when I brought out the "wine"

Thanks Lloyd. I also used this on some ports I made this year. The jury is still out though. I added it a week before I bottled and now I'm getting some fall out from it. It's not particals but a darker syrupy looking substance (Probably 1/4-1/2 tsp). I will wait and see if any more falls out before I decide to dump it all back out and rebottle or just shake it back into solution when ever I get a bottle. I used Butterum and also Hazelnut.

Dan, How long did it have to sit bottled before you had the problem?

Did you know that your LHBS can order any f-pack that you want from WinExpert? They sell them separately and my local shop has several on the shelf. I had a white zin that I was not happy with and a black raspberry f-pack was jut the ticket.

Back