drainers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've made a couple of drainers, actually several. They are made out of PVC so I could use regular pipe glue. The Carboy drainer has a 9"X9" base and uses a 3" pipe coupler (I made 6 of these). The center is drilled and has a wood dowel in it to prevent accidentally tipping. The bottle drainer is sized to just fit in my sink basin. It uses 3" long pieces of 1 1/4" pipe. I have a triple sink and in the first basin the bottles are in sanitizer, second basin this drainer, third basin is bottling. All have bottom holes for drains.

dr1.jpg dr2.jpg dr3.jpg dr4.jpg

Both are really great creative ideas especially the bottle drainers. With my carboys I just turn them upside down in a milk crate. To be honest when I read the title I thought it was about dumping a batch of wine then when I read you made several I was a little worried. Should have looked at the pics first.

If you want to build the bottle drainers, the best way I found was with a drill press and a Forstner type bit. I used a fly cutter for the carboy drainers.

I've made a couple of drainers, actually several. They are made out of PVC so I could use regular pipe glue. The Carboy drainer has a 9"X9" base and uses a 3" pipe coupler (I made 6 of these). The center is drilled and has a wood dowel in it to prevent accidentally tipping. The bottle drainer is sized to just fit in my sink basin. It uses 3" long pieces of 1 1/4" pipe. I have a triple sink and in the first basin the bottles are in sanitizer, second basin this drainer, third basin is bottling. All have bottom holes for drains.

View attachment 52584 View attachment 52585 View attachment 52586 View attachment 52587

How thick is the PVC base?

I still use this commercial dishwasher rack to drain and fill my bottles and transport them also - or a milk crate in some cases

DSCN2206 [620x465].JPG 20160318_201056.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2206 [620x465].JPG
    DSCN2206 [620x465].JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 11
Back