Dragon's Blood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Timmy. In the future you might consider heading to the freezer section and picking out frozen blueberries and blackberries to compliment your strawberries for Dave's famed Dragon Blood.

As for now, he did mention he added natural strawberry extract to give it a nice flavor kick, you might try that. I always found that adding a bit extra lemon juice just before bulk aging smooths the dragon blood out for me, I imagine you could add quite a bit more to give it that lemonade punch (the stuff in the juice aisle, not fresh lemons).

And if you wanna get creative, you could also see if you can find a strawberry liqueur or lemoncello and blend into your wine to achieve the desired taste.

Hi Timmy. In the future you might consider heading to the freezer section and picking out frozen blueberries and blackberries to compliment your strawberries for Dave's famed Dragon Blood.

As for now, he did mention he added natural strawberry extract to give it a nice flavor kick, you might try that. I always found that adding a bit extra lemon juice just before bulk aging smooths the dragon blood out for me, I imagine you could add quite a bit more to give it that lemonade punch (the stuff in the juice aisle, not fresh lemons).

And if you wanna get creative, you could also see if you can find a strawberry liqueur or lemoncello and blend into your wine to achieve the desired taste.
That day the grocery I went to had zero frozen berries and I didn't want to wait lol. The only thing they had frozen was strawberries so I got those but I'm going to add extract to see what happens.

Latest posts

Back